Products from Amazon.com
Hair straighteners are extremely versatile hair tools developed for all hair types including wavy, curly, straight, damaged or thick hair. They offer a quick and effective way to tame curly, wavy, unruly, or frizzy hair. A good quality hair straightener will decrease the risk of damage done to the hair due to the heat and will help in making your hair look glossy, silky and sleek. Good quality hair straighteners are one of the best hair tools investments.
Essential facts to consider while buying a good quality hair straightener:
- Plate type: If you have naturally straight hair, then buy plates of 1” to 1.5”. If you have curly, long and thick hair, buy 2” flat irons. There are different types of plates made from ionic, steel, ceramic, titanium, tourmaline, etc. For better result, go for ceramic or titanium plated flat iron even though they might be expensive. Avoid using metal plated flat irons.
- Temperature: Hair straighteners with very high temperature give the best result but such temperature may be harmful for your hair. Go for those straighteners that have variable temperature settings so that you can choose the appropriate temperature setting based on your hair type. Straighteners that have digital displays will offer the highest accuracy level.
- Heat up time: Buy those straighteners that have a lesser heat up time, i.e., it takes less time for the plates to heat up to the required temperature.
- Wet to straight: These types of ceramic straighteners are used on towel-dried hair and they do not involve any direct contact of steel plates as they straighten the hair with steam. This protects your hair from being damaged.
- Plate width: Slim plates are of 2.5 to 3 cm wide and are usually suited to be used on short hair. Medium plates are 3 to 4 cm wide and are suited for short to medium length hair while wide plates are up to 6 cm wide and are best suited for long and thick hair. Wide plates are used on thick hair while slim to medium plates are used on fine hair. Based on your hair type, you can decide the plate width.
If you want to protect your hair from getting damaged and if you have frizzy hair, then go for ionic straighteners with far infrared heating. If you want a basic, affordable straightener then buy ceramic plated ones with variable temperature settings. If you travel too much, then go for the best travel straightener.
This is one of the best and fastest straighteners ever. With this straightener, you can straighten your hair in half the time required with traditional straighteners. The patented silicon speed strips will provide faster straightening and increased shine to your hair. The high levels of negative ions and far infrared heating produces smooth, silky, straight and conditioned hair. The multi-level heat controller of this straightener along with 9 feet swivel cord makes it one of the most preferred straighteners by the users as well as the hair stylists.